beats, deetz & treats!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Grey Morning


Good morning and happy new year! : ]
The last week was a burner, so consequently I didn't have a lot of time to update. Got some really lovely stuff for you all today, though.

Presenting, from Russia, Volor Flex. Interesting find, this one.
While downloading a free track from fellow eastern European producer Liar, I stumbled through bandcamp and found this moody little gem.
The ablum itself, entitled "Tramp," was actually mastered by Liar, so the connections become a little more obvious. I'll just come right out and say it: this sounds like Burial. A lot. However, it's not too much...imitation is the best form of flattery, right? Flex is a bit heavier on the trademark crackles 'n pops, and you'll still hear the ghostly vocals pushing through every once and a while, but I think it's a great album with tons of atmosphere and emotion.
At a time like right now, I don't think there is a point in laying down a stigma around one sound resembling another. I mean, really, if I want to listen to Burial, I'll listen to Burial. If I want to listen to Volor Flex, well, I might listen to this:



Oh yeah, did I mention the album is FREE? Visit the link right here to download (or help the dude out and make a donation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment